click here--> Weslaco ISD Return to Work Guide
FAQ COVID-19 WISD EMPLOYEES
- Q: If an employee has already exhausted their FML for the year, are they eligible for EFML during that same year?
- Q: Does FFCRA allow for intermittent use of leave?
- Q: Can an employee take FFCRA leave during the summer when school is out of session for childcare purposes?
- Q: Is an employee who chooses to homeschool their child on a full-time basis eligible for FFCRA leave when school reopens in the fall?
- Q: Is an employee eligible for leave if they are fearful to return to work due to COVID-19?
- Q: May an employee be exempt from wearing a face mask due to a health condition?
- Q: Is remaining at home the only option for an employee who has a high-risk health factor?
- Q: What are the district’s expectations for receiving medical certification from an employee?
- Q: Can we use an employee’s accrued comp time when an employee is paid to be idle?
- Q: Are there limitations on staff returning to the workplace?
- Q: Can we require an employee to take Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) leave before accessing accrued paid leave?
- Q: Can an employee take emergency paid sick leave for more than one reason?
- Q: Can EFML be taken for more than one qualifying reason?
- Q: Can the district ask for documentation to verify the need for EPSL and EFML? Is so, what type of documentation can we require?
- Q: Can we ask for a release to return to work if the employee is absent for medical reasons related to COVID-19?
- Q: What about an employee on leave? Do they get pay during closure without having to use their leave?
- Q: How does a district closure impact Family Medical Leave (FML) entitlement? What about Temporary Disability Leave (TDL)?
- Q: A teacher on FML wants to return to work because the district is moving to distance/virtual learning. Can she return to work?