Performing Priority Schedule
Use of PAC facilities will be limited by the Weslaco ISD current facility use policy and any previously scheduled events. The Scheduling Priority Codes (listed below) controls the hierarchy of performances and rehearsals. Rehearsals are scheduled on a tentative basis and are subject to change when actual performances or ceremonies are scheduled. All high school performing arts directors and campus administration should meet in late April/early May to outline their schedules for the upcoming year.
Beginning July 1, new requests may be submitted from the high school campuses and Weslaco ISD departments. Non-Weslaco ISD groups will be allowed to submit requests and deposits as of September 1. Any and all dates requested by WISD schools after August 31, are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Non-Weslaco ISD groups must submit requests two months prior to the performance requested. The two-month window for reservations of non-campus groups allows for determination and confirmation of the required number of PAC-trained technicians for the event to be done properly.
SCHEDULING PRIORITY CODE
- High School Performing Arts Contests or Competitions and Rehearsals the week of or 5 days before that involve UIL, TMEA or an equivalent at the district, area, or region level.
- Middle School Fine Arts Performances/Competition that involve UIL, TMEA or equivalent.
- High School Performing Arts Performances (theater, choir, band, orchestra and dance).
- Central Office Administrative Events - Dates will be assigned scheduling priority on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Graduation Ceremonies - as confirmed at scheduling meeting at the beginning of the school year.
- Awards Ceremonies - on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- High School “School-wide” Organizations (athletic awards, NHS induction, etc.). Date will be assigned scheduling priority by the campus principal.
- District-wide Performing Arts Performances that involve all grade levels.
- High School Organizations (student organizations, boosters, etc.).
10. Middle School Fine Arts Performances not related to UIL, etc.
11. District-wide Junior High Administrative Events.
12. Single-Campus Elementary Fine Arts Performances.
13. District-wide Elementary Administrative Events.
14. District-wide Non-Fine Arts Activities (staff development, meetings, etc.).
15. Non-Weslaco ISD Events (outside performing groups, meetings, etc.).