2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- Tutors must be enrolled in a college or university and provide a class schedule and grades for each semester of their employment.
- Tutors must notify Human Resources if they are no longer enrolled or attending classes.
- Tutors must provide evidence of a tuberculosis test administered upon approval of employment. TB results if taken within the previous 12 months will be accepted.
- Tutors must be 21 years or older to work at any high school campus.
- Tutors are only allowed to work at one (1) campus.
- Tutors must comply with campus policy.
- College Tutors are paid $8 per hour and Student/Co-op Tutors are paid $7.25 per hour.
- Tutors are only allowed to work 29 1/2 hours per week (Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) and are not allowed to work on Saturdays. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Tutors cannot be related to their supervisor/campus administrators. NO EXCEPTIONS.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Human Resources has begun accepting Tutor Applications for Employment and Tutor Letter of Intent Forms for the 2017-2018 School Year. Interested applicants can submit either document at the beginning of each school year or summer session that they are interested in applying for.
Please return the completed forms to the WISD Human Resources Department at 319 W. 4th Street between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. If you have any questions, you may contact our office at (956) 969-6991.
NOTE: Tutors who worked during the 2016-2017 School Year or Summer School Session can submit a Letter of Intent Form with a current schedule. All other applicants must submit an Application for Employment. Tutors CANNOT start working until they have been approved by the Superintendent. Human Resources will then notify the tutor and have them complete the necessary paperwork for payroll.
Effective January 1, 2008, Senate Bill 9 requires all Texas school districts to submit a national criminal history record check of all non-certified public school employees recommended for employment. The applicant will be required to pay a fee for the fingerprinting process. Payment must be made at time of service using a check, money order, credit card, or prepaid debit card.