Professional Learning Center Guidelines
- The PLC will be opened 30 minutes prior to your event unless other arrangements have been made with prior approval.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your intended start time to ensure materials are ready, technology is working as you would like, and refreshments have been set up. Please keep in mind that it is not uncommon for attendees to begin arriving 30 minutes prior to events
- Clean and return coffee makers, ice chests, and other PLC materials to the original location after usage
- Returning tables, chairs, and other materials to the original setting. Additionally, all materials brought to the PLC must be removed at the end of the event. Materials left in the PLC will be discarded.
- All equipment must be turned off (laptop, projector, microphone, and speaker system)
- Bring your own materials. This includes: paper, pens/pencils, sign in sheets, copies, water/coffee, snacks, etc.
- Verify that all Chromebooks are placed back in the cart and connected to the appropriate charger when they are being used.
It is very important that you call to CANCEL the use of the PLC if you do NOT plan to use it for a previously scheduled event. Please take into consideration that the PLC is used often and other departments may have a need to use it.
*Any sessions reserved at the PLC Lobby with fewer than 20 participants are subject to be moved to the PLC TechLab, if available, in the event that a larger group needs the area.
FOR PROFESSIONAL LEARNING CENTER BOOKINGS: CONTACT ROSE GARCIA
Other Locations Available
- Central Office Tech Lab (capacity 20) - Contact Jude Cocio at Ext. 6546
- Technology Conference Room (capacity 10) - Contact Clara Reyes at Ext. 6604
- Performing Arts Center (PAC) 2nd floor (capacity 25-30) - Contact Joe Leal at Ext. 6905
- Central Office Board Room contact Rosemary Rodriguez ext.#36915
- Weslaco East High School Staff Development Room (capacity 60) - Contact Melinda Pena at Ext. 2209
- Wesalco High School FCR (capacity 250) - Melissa De Los Santos ext 6701
- Weslaco High School Mega Lab (capacity 58) - Melissa De Los Santos ext 6701