Weslaco Independent School District educators are empowered to develop, engage in, and implement personalized learning experiences that are aligned to district initiatives and are designed to positively influence 21st century learner outcomes.
2019-2020 Professional Development Dates
- August 14: Staff development day-Elementary District Day, MS and HS Campus Day
- August 15: Staff development day-Middle School District Day, Elementary Campus Day, HS Work Day
- August 16: Staff development day-High School District Day, Elementary and MS Work Day
- August 19: Convocation
- August 20: Staff development day: Elementary Innovative Teaching Day, MS and HS campus day; Cuellar MS Work Day
- August 21: Staff development day, Secondary Innovative Teaching Day, ES campus day
- August 22: Work Day (except Cuellar MS who has Leader In Me)
- August 23: Work Day
Important Reminders When Attending Training
Please pre-register before the session date to ensure you have a secured seat and the trainer is able to prepare as necessary.
Site & Time
Promptness is important, be on time as tardiness is discouraged – sessions are for training/certification purposes.
Please come prepared with all necessary materials to workshops. This includes, but is not limited to: writing materials, content materials (as needed), technology (as needed), and any other items as requested by the trainer.
Parking is limited at most sites. Consider arriving early and carpooling to any session.
Training sites are not equipped to safely accommodate children in their facilities.
Please help us ensure the safety of your children by making other arrangements for their care/supervision while attending district sessions.
Please honor the district's dress code policy when attending a session or meeting at any facility.
Due to differences in everyone’s temperature preference, it is recommended that you bring a sweater or light jacket.
Remember to place your signature on the sign-in sheet available at each location. No Sign-In will equal to No Credit Hours earned.