2022-2023 School Year - For Your Information
Weslaco ISD no longer accepts paper applications, please complete the on-line application by accessing the Weslaco ISD Applicant Portal and direct your questions to the Human Resources office at 969-6991.
NOTE: Tutors CANNOT start working until they have been approved by the School Board. Human Resources will then notify the tutor and have them complete the necessary paperwork for payroll.
Things you Should Know:
- Tutors must be enrolled in a college or university and provide a class schedule and grades for each semester of their employment.
- Tutors must notify Human Resources if they are no longer enrolled or attending classes.
- Tutors must provide evidence of a tuberculosis test administered upon approval of employment. TB results if taken within the previous 12 months will be accepted.
- Tutors must be 21 years or older to work at any high school campus.
- Tutors are only allowed to work at one (1) campus.
- Tutors must comply with campus policy.
- College Tutors are paid $8 per hour and Student/Co-op Tutors are paid $7.25 per hour.
- Tutors are only allowed to work 14 1/2 hours per week (Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) and are not allowed to work on Saturdays. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Tutors cannot be related to their supervisor/campus administrators. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Effective January 1, 2008, Senate Bill 9 requires all Texas school districts to submit a national criminal history record check of all non-certified public school employees recommended for employment. The applicant will be required to pay a fee for the fingerprinting process. Payment must be made at time of service using a check, money order, credit card, or prepaid debit card.