Student Success for All!
Weslaco ISD is an innovative school district integrating technology with the latest classroom strategies for an interactive learning experience.
Blended learning is using classroom instruction with technology to support and differentiate instruction for students and to make their learning experiences engaging and meaningful anytime, anywhere.
Technology to support online learning includes:
- G-Suite for Education: Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Classroom, Sites, Gmail
- Chromebook 1:1 Initiative: Many campuses are utilizing Chromebooks to deliver online learning.
- Digital Citizenship Lessons: Every year students receive lessons in digital citizenship to learn about safe and secure online behaviors.
- Online Resources
- It's Science Fair season! Our student scientists and engineers are researching real world happenings and problems for solutions.
- PK students at our campus and WISD Daycare & Head Start sites working hands-on in their problem based learning curriculum called Conquering the Cosmos.
- High School migrant students are working with an engineer to solve water-related issues for Hidalgo County.
- After School Robotics clubs are using the problem based learning challenges from FIRST Robotics. This year's theme are: Grades 2/3: Aqua Adventure, and Grades 4-8: Hydro Dynamics.